Emotional stress is a part of everyone’s life and can be hard to manage without the proper tools. Vetiver essential oil has traditionally been used to help with emotional, hormonal, and balance issues.
Vetiver is known for its calming properties and its ability to help children increase focus. Additionally, it can help with sleep and is a popular oil to diffuse or rub on the bottom of feet before bedtime.
Its rich, smoky, exotic, and earthy fragrance is complementary to many other essential oils and is a common fragrance used in perfumes as a base note. Read our previous blog post for ideas on how to make your own personalized perfume blend using dōTERRA essential oils. Vetiver essential oil blends well with Clary Sage, Lavender, Rose, Sandalwood, and Ylang Ylang.
- Vetiver is anti-septic and can help with blemishes or blemish prone skin. Apply a small amount to skin to help problem areas.
- Use a toothpick to help get desired amount out of container if vetiver is too thick to get out of the bottle. A little goes a long way.
- Take a warm bath with a few drops of vetiver essential oil for deep relaxation.
- Diffuse or use topically with other calming essential oils, such as lavender, serenity, or balance, to better help calm stress.
Tips from our Facebook Fans:
- “Just used it yesterday to help me regain focus while putting together a presentation.” -Pamela Burt McNulty
- “Vetiver stops the chatter in my head so I can have a peaceful night’s sleep!” -Sandra Ferguson
- “I use it on my sons feet everyday so he is calmer and easier to deal with. He is 13 and full of life! When I miss for a few days I notice.” -Marianne Bluemel
- “Vetiver and Lavender on the big toe for a good restful sleep.” -Juanita Espinosa
- “Good to use when you’re totally stressed OUT!!! I Love inhaling a drop of it between my cupped hands.” -Mindy Durk Martindale
- “I love this oil. So down-to-earth which is exactly where I need to be. I put it on the top of my head, on my heart and my wrists to calm my nervous system.” -HealthyWon
- “Everything is ‘betiver’ with vetiver.” -Naomi Cooper
- “Vetiver is the “grandmother” of oils to me. It is soothing, calming, makes your mind chatter stop at night. It’s like an endearing hug in a bottle.” -Renee Thayn
*These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. dōTERRA products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Pregnant or lactating women and persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any dōTERRA product. The statements shared from our Facebook page are the personal opinion of independent persons and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of dōTERRA International, LLC.