This healthy and delicious granola recipe is sure to please everyone in the family. There are countless ways to enjoy this granola such as on your favorite yogurt, on top of a smoothie, or even to eat on its own. The Cinnamon essential oil adds a nice flavor and spice to the granola that will keep you going back for more.
What you need:
4 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1.5 cups sliced almonds
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
10 drops Cinnamon essential oil
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large glass bowl, combine oats, shredded coconut, sliced almonds, chia seeds, flax seed meal, and salt. Stir to combine.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the honey, maple syrup, and coconut oil together.
4. Pour liquid mixture over oat mixture. Add essential oil. Stir until well combined.
5. Pour mixture into a large metal pan and put into oven.
6. Stir granola every ten minutes to help granola bake evenly.
7. After 20 minutes in oven, add dried cherries and cranberries.
8. Bake for an additional 10-20 minutes until granola is golden brown.
9. Once done, remove from oven and let cool.
10. Store in airtight container.